[CentOS] disk mounting madness

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 29 00:15:45 UTC 2005

Deim Ágoston <ago at lsc.hu> wrote:
> I've never trusted in labels. Use the long device names
> instead. I know the advanteges of labels but in server
> environement it doesn't give you too much. If the devices
> are changing too often in a server that means bigger
> problems.

I've never had an issue with Disk Labels, unless I put in
another disk with the same labels.  Which is why I _always_
customize my disk labels for each system.  I also tend to use
LVM on servers as well, just for the volume organization
features (not for any RAID though -- I rely on hardware for
that).

--
Bryan J. Smith     Professional, Technical Annoyance                      b.j.smith at ieee.org      http://thebs413.blogspot.com