[CentOS] disk mounting madness

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Thu Dec 29 03:40:50 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 03:07 pm, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> Sounds like kernel related. Try to rollback to an older version of
> the kernel, and see what happens. Second guesses would be util-linux
> and e2fsprogs.

Things are deteriorating <frown>.

I tried an earlier kernel, no difference.

But now even with an fstab file with direct /dev/sdXX entries it can't
boot all the partitions anymore; not all the partitions on the first
drive, nor the single partitions on the remaining three drives.

> Do you get any errors from "rpm -Va" ?

No.

A consultant on another forum suggested I test memory extensively.  I'm
looking for a memory test program now.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA  92408