[CentOS] How to play emebed media files(online movies and music) in centos?

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 17:35:36 UTC 2005

On 12/29/05, lnthai2002 at aim.com <lnthai2002 at aim.com> wrote:
> The mplayer that Dag offer does not has the prebuild codec pack, thus,
> i installed them(mplayer and mplayer-codecs) manually from
> greysectors.net. However, greysector does not have mplayerplug. Anyway,
> even i installed mplayerplug(in fedora 4), i still can not see the
> embed media.

Couple things -
Please don't top post in emails. It's not proper. see
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

As to your issue, some things cannot legally be distributed because of
sketchy copyright law, patent issues etc. Packaged w32codec packs are
one of these and the legal issues aren't worth the risk of
distributing them. However dag has made it very easy to build the
package yourself, or you can just get them and put them in place by
hand. I have never heard of greysectors.net, and cannot speak to the
quality of their packages, but dag is quite good, and is involved in
the centos community.

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT