[CentOS] Version download problem?

Young, Darren Darren.Young at ChicagoGSB.edu
Fri Dec 30 03:34:05 UTC 2005

> Yep. They're obsolete, and we're trying to save
> space/bandwidth on the mirrors, since the space is donated.
> 3.6 is 3.1 with all the
> updates+errata. If you REALLY need 3.1 for some hellish reason, you'll
> need to get it from the vault. ( vault.centos.org )

Hellish, maybe -> Tivoli Storage Manager.

Actually, what I need is kernel 2.4.21-4.0.1 according to IBM. I thought
that since that version was in an older version of the "other enterprise
linux" it would be in an older CentOS as well. Am I correct in this
assumption or fighting a losing battle? Not sure how *hard* that
requirement is, might just be kernel 2.4.whatever, but I have to find
out. Was that version in 3.0 or 3.1 of CentOS?

Also have a requirement for kernel 2.4 from the Tivoli Integrated
Solution Console as well. Not sure on this requirement as well, I do
know that with CentOS 4 the installer blew up with "unsupported kernel
version xxx". Tried tricking the installer by replacing the uname binary
with a script that returned what the other linux gives from `uname -a`
but it didn't work.