[CentOS] Version download problem?

Maciej Żenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Fri Dec 30 09:04:58 UTC 2005

> One thing I did find with their Integrated Solutions Console (ISC) was
> that it seems to read /etc/redhat-release to determine something...
> Wasn't paying attention to the system calls all that closely, but I did
> see open(), fseek() and close() on it.

You almost always want to replace the contents of /etc/redhat-release with
the same contents of that file from the 'other EL'...

I'm not sure what the proper contents are on EL3, but on my Centos 4:

# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 2)
# cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS release 4.2 (Final)

Makes the HP installers much, much happier.

Cheers,
MaZe.