[CentOS] Configuring X after instal on CentOS4

Sat Dec 3 01:54:19 UTC 2005
Jay Leafey <jay.leafey at mindless.com>

James B. Byrne wrote:

> I now have a supplementary question.  There does not seem to be a
> man page or an info entry foe system-config-display and I cannot
> find a reference to it via apropos.  How does one inform oneself
> about this utility or what am I doing wrong in my search for
> documentation?

There isn't a manpage for it, but you CAN invoke it with the '--help'
switch to get a bit of an explanation of the options.  Here's what you get:

Usage: system-config-display [OPTIONS]
   -h, --help        display this help and exit
   -v, --verbose     display what the program is doing more verbosely
   -o, --output=     the filename of the config file to be output
       --reconfig    don't base configuration on existing config files
       --noui        don't show the gui, implicit when using --set options
       --forceui     force the ui to be shown, needed when using --set
options
                     to change some setting, but you still want to show
the ui
       --set-<key>=  change the value of a specific configuration key.

         currently supported keys are:

         resolution  the screen resolution used
         depth       the color depth in bits
                     most drivers support 8, 15, 16 and 24
         driver      the graphics card driver to use
         card        the graphics card description to use
                     e.g. 'ATI Radeon (generic)'
         vsync       monitor vertical sync rates allowed (in Hz)
         hsync       monitor horizontal sync rates allowed (in kHz)
         videoram    the amount of videoram in kilobytes, 0 means probe

That's all I know about that!
--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
jay.leafey at mindless.com