[CentOS] CMS centos3

Wed Dec 28 20:35:55 UTC 2005
Dave <wintermutecx at gmail.com>

On 12/27/05, Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com> wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>
> >Anyone using or recomend a content management system that will install
> >without out a lot of mucky muck on a Centos3 system?  I looked at Zope
> >but it needs a newer Python, Midgaard looks likes it's geared towards
> >RHEL4. OpenCMS looks like it runs on java so that might work. I have
> >yet to look at Rubyrails and Django.

> We've had rather good luck with plone (which uses zope).  And you're
> right, it's a pain in the ass to install.  But things have been rather
> uneventful after the initial PITA install was over.  In our case, we
> needed something that played nice with English/Japanese/Chinese so our
> choices were somewhat limited.

 Thats one of the first ones I started to look at and really wanted to
install. There is an RPM on dag for plone, but there isn't one for
zope (for Cent3 at least). I didnt see a newer version python on dag
either so I gave up at that point. I might make a new install of Cent4
but I'm the only IT guy here besides someone I'm training that has no
experience so my time is somewhat limited to play around.