Update DNS - Re: [CentOS] DNS maybe problems

Fri Dec 30 17:19:35 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 11:36 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I got that:
> cat resolv.conf
> ; generated by /sbin/dhclient-script
> search htt-consult.com
> nameserver 65.84.78.211
> nameserver 65.84.78.209
> Oh, and originally I installed the system to use DHCP.  Then I the
> gnome Network control apt to edit stuff to go to the static address.

Is this your DNS server?

Your DNS server should use itself, and then forward as appropriate in
its named.conf file.

This is coming up so much that I think we need just a dedicated FAQ on
"proper DNS server/network configuration."

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org
http://thebs413.blogspot.com
Some things (or athletes) money can't buy.
For everything else there's "ManningCard."