[Centos] RAID 1 sync

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Fri Feb 4 14:18:43 UTC 2005

Often some BIOSes detect the geometry of the drives differently if they
are split between primary and secondary controllers.

Having paired drives on a single controller is fine,  the interface is
faster than the drives anyway, and the geometry problem hardly ever
occurs...

Software RAID on Linux works extremely well, unlike software RAID M$
Windoze...which hogs resources...

P.