[Centos] updating ALSA

first last

prelude_2_murder at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 18:56:20 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have installed CentOS 4 beta and everything works apart from the
sound. Searching online I have found that Fedora Core 3 requires
upgrading ALSA to the very latest version for sound to work on this
laptop, that probaly means that I need to upgrade ALSA.

Is there anytwhere I can get updates RPMs/SRPMs or do I have to compile
the updates? AFAIK alsa is now part of the kernel, will this cause much
trouble for future upgrades?

Talking about kernels, is it possible to update the kernel to 2.6 on
CentOS 3 without breaking much?

Thanks

Gabriel