[Centos] CentOS 3.4 on Compaq Proliant

John Hinton webmaster at ew3d.com
Tue Feb 8 17:49:07 UTC 2005

mlnoe at mn.rr.com wrote:

>I am trying to install CentOS 3.4 on a Compaq Proliant 1600, and it hangs on probing monitor type when anaconda starts.  I have tried running 'linux text' and manually installing drivers from the f2 options screen.  Any ideas? Forgive me if this is an unbearably simple question, but I am new to linux.
>
>Mike

Do the install using the nousb flag. I have had the same issue on some
1850s and had to disable the onboard scsi port allowing only the scsi
card to be enabled.

So, it is not the monitor probe that crashes, but instead what normally
would follow it... mouse probe, where it kicks in with a USB check...
bombs away!!!

John Hinton