[Centos] Apache 2.0.53 and Centos

Wed Feb 9 23:25:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 15:06 -0800, Michael Rock wrote:
> Thanks for info. I have the spec file now and it looks
> more complicated than I had originally thought.
>
> Is it as simple as cut/paste to a script the configure
> settings at line 342 and then use it against 2.0.53?

You don't want to build the apache from source unless you are also going
to build everything else (php, mysql, etc.) from source as well.  There
are pieces of other programs that are going to need an httpd rpm
installed to allow them to remain / be installed, so you probably want
to build an RPM and not apache directly from source.

Using the new source tar file and changing the old spec probably won't
work (it might though) ... I'm sure they have added functionality,
changed build requirements, and maybe even install file names between
2.0.53 and 2.0.46.

> What about stuff that says mpmbuild prefork? Can those
> enable setting just be added under configure, like
> --enable-mods-shared=all?

It might be easier to get the 2.0.52 version from CentOS-4Beta or the
2.0.53 version from Rawhide to build ... and try changing that to work
with CentOS-3.4.

Rawhide:
http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPMS/

CentOS-4Beta:
http://beta.centos.org/centos/4.0beta/os/SRPMS/

I have converted all my CentOS-3.x servers to 4.0 in preps for building
CentOS-4 next week, so I don't have any CentOS-3 machines to test a
build on right now.

--
Johnny Hughes
<http://www.HughesJR.com/>