[Centos] CPU temperature?

Johnn Tan

waterbuffalo at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 11 18:26:04 UTC 2005

Has anyone gotten lm_sensors to work on a CentOS3.3/RHEL3 box? I think
I'm having CPU temperature-related problems, and wanted some way to
monitor it. I believe lm_sensors does this, but can't seem to figure out
how to get it to work.

I already did "yum install lm_sensors" but when I run sensors-detect, it
complains:
Couldn't open /proc/bus/i2c?!? at /usr/sbin/sensors-detect line 2970,
<STDIN> line 3.

I googled around, but there appear to be more questions than answers.
I'd appreciate any help.

FYI, this CentOS3.3 server is remotely managed.managed.

johnn