[Centos] md0/fstab

Michael Best mbest at pendragon.org
Tue Feb 15 14:49:26 UTC 2005

Christian Nygaard wrote:
> Can some wise person enlighten me why cant you use disklabels with Linux
> software raid in fstab?
>
> Works
> /dev/md0	/home 	ext3	defaults 0 2
>
> This doesnt work for md0 software raid. I got into single usermode
> recovery upon reboot mode with this line, doing a raidstart -all and
> manual mount+init 3 works.
> LABEL=/home 	/home 	ext3 	defaults 0 2
>
> //Chris

How did you create the raid array?

I don't think your problem is labels, I think it is that your array
isn't started when mounting occurs.

It could be that your raid modules aren't in your initrd, it could be
that your raidtab or mdadm configs aren't correct or how you created the
array makes it hard for the OS to find it at boot time.

-Mike