[Centos] Oracle 9i, 10g, Apps 11.5.9

Jerry57 jerry57 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 16:04:05 UTC 2005

We are using CentOS 3.3 and RHEL on machines for development purposes.
Right now we have Oracle9i and 10g both installed as well as Oracle10AS.
  I have not seen or heard of any problems between the systems.  During
installs on CentOS, we simplely edited the /etc/redhat-release file to
fake out the Oracle installer.  Once installed we just restored the
original file and all seems to be just fine.

jer

Stokely Boast wrote:
> Hi.  I just joined the mailing list and searched the archived message
> subjects for any mention of Oracle, but did not find any.  Please excuse
> me if I missed a previous discussion of this.
>
> I'm about to start an evaluation of CentOS as an alternative to RHEL/SUSE
> for use in a development environment (non-production) and am curious what
> experience, if any, people have had with installing Oracle databases (9i,
> 10g) and/or Oracle Applications 11.5.9 under CentOS 3.4 (or any CentOS
> version, for that matter).  Web searches didn't turn up much information
> on this, either.
>
> Thanks in advance for any feedback.
>
> Stokely Boast

Windows has detected that your mouse has moved, please wait while
Windows reboots for your changes to take effect.