[Centos] CentOS-4.0 (RC1) for i386 Official Release

Karanbir Singh Mail-Lists at karan.org
Thu Feb 17 18:59:23 UTC 2005

Terrel Shumway wrote:
>>A bittorent for CD binary iso files is available from:
>>http://beta.centos.org/centos/4.0beta/isos/i386/CentOS-4.0.rc1-i386-bin1to5.torrent
>>
>>The only way to download ISO's is via bittorrent.
>

> I don't mind running bittorrent, but I just downloaded the beta last
> week, and as I doubt there were a lot of changes,  I think rsync
> against the old isos might use less bandwidth?

yes, rsync against the old ISO's will use much lesser bandwidth.

'yum upgrade' does a good job of moving you from Beta to RC1. However,
keep in mind that there are a significant number of package changes.

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc