[Centos] Squirrelmail

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 18 04:30:42 UTC 2005

Zebee Johnstone said:
[snip]
> I know nothing at all about php, so am having a hell of a time diagnosing
>  the errors, and the squirrelmail.org site knows of no RH distro after 7.3
[snip]

Oh?  The download page lists squirrelmail-i18n-1.4.4-1.noarch.rpm
as"...for Red Hat Linux 8, 9, Fedora Core 1, 2, 3, and EL 3, 4
(apache-2.0)".  Trust me, it works.

> So... is anyone running squirrelmail on their CentOS site, and
> can they tell me why I'm seeing: Warning: main(../config/config.php):
> failed to open stream: Permission denied in
> /usr/share/squirrelmail/functions/global.php on line 16

I'd say check your permissions on config.php and verify it is in the path
that Squirrelmail thinks it is.

> Perhaps someone can email me with RH specific instructions?

There's really not that much too it (you've done everything).  Another
issue might be your custom PHP/Apache config (which you didn't elaborate
on).

--
William Hooper