[Centos] External yum and apt Repositories and CentOS4

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Feb 20 15:47:08 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 10:58 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 07:40 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> >
> contributory infringement.
> We need to be concerned with linking to sites that host material that
> violates the DMCA. Providing repository files that point there is a
> concern, to say the least.

I was unaware of this issue, thank you bringing it up.

> Why don't we rethink this - esp for those of us who live in the US and
> could be prosecuted by this rule.

Based on your email and the ones that follow, completely rethunk(!) this
one. Its on freeze.

Is it at all possible to scan through contributed repositories for such
violations ?

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc