[Centos] 3Ware 9xxx 9500S-4LP SATA Raid with CentOS3.3?

Seth Bardash seth at integratedsolutions.org
Mon Feb 21 02:40:04 UTC 2005

There is not an easy way to build you a driver disk or explain how to
install the driver with the existing system. You need to look at what's
involved.

Building the driver on an existing system with the same revision kernel on a
disk you can get to without the driver.
Getting the driver into /lib/modules/2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/scsi
Getting the driver installed in the initrd image for booting
Testing this image and the driver.
Creating a floppy with this driver so you can install from it.

I suggest that the easiest way to do this might be to leave the existing
array in place and just add the driver from source or put a separate boot
disk on the machine on an IDE port.

We hope to have a machine for testing and building the Centos 3.3 and 3.4
drivers soon but it may not be available for a while.

Sorry I can't help more.

Seth Bardash

Integrated Solutions and Systems

719-495-5866