AW: AW: [Centos] 3Ware 9xxx 9500S-4LP SATA Raid with CentOS3.3?

Sven sven at sven24.com
Mon Feb 21 04:41:41 UTC 2005

"Seth" my problem is that the old harddisks will be removed.
After that the new controller will be installed and the new SATA Disks will
be insert and a new array will be created.
After that the Centos will be copied from the old disk to the new. And after
that the system should running.
So i think i need only to install additional the 3w-9xxx driver in the
kernel.
And if the server rebbot new with the new controller he should use the 9xxx
driver.
At this time is an old 7000-2 controller in the server and a 3w-xxxx is at
this time loaded.
Is it possible to load 3w-xxxx and 3w-9xxx at the same time in the kernel or
can that be a risk?

I hope my english was not so bad :-) and thanks for your help.
Sven