[Centos] Averatec 6200 Laptop Installation

David Evennou de at data-masters.com
Tue Feb 22 14:05:51 UTC 2005

Hello Members,

Starting off with my first question:
What makes the difference in hardware detection between CentOS and SuSe
installations?

I can install the Sun Microsystems JDS (Java Desktop System), which actually
installs Suse Linux without a problem.
When I try CentOS, I get a blank screen. I discovered that if I enter "Linux
nofb", I can get by the "/sbin/loader" point of the install.
The install still hangs when starting X-Windows. Next I will try a "Linux
nofb text" installation. I also tried "resolution=1024x768".
(note, Knoppix 3.7, did not properly detect the hardware and hangs during
installation)

Also, can I some how use the SuSe installed information to install CentOS?

TIA,
David Evennou