[Centos] OT -- Inexpensive CentOS dedicated servers?

Syv Ritch centos at 911networks.com
Mon Jan 10 21:42:55 UTC 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:53:09 -0400, Joe Polk wrote:
> I have mixed emotions about this concept. Frankly, RH has made
> small companies and individuals feel they really aren't worth
> their trouble. Their licensing scheme is, in my opinion, not
> very "community" oriented. They've decided to pattern it more
> after Microsoft. They don't want money from end users. They
> cancelled their end user desktop to focus on corporate users.
> The primary reason I don't ru RH officially is due to this
> attitude. I appreciate the Centos dev team for putting Centos
> together and would much rather donate to them.

Completely false!

RedHat supports and pays for many engineers developing and
maintaining the Fedora project. It's free, it's very well
supported and nobody has to pay any fee even for the use of the
RedHat servers and bandwidth as they download the ISOs and the
updates.

Home users that want multimedia and wireless with frequent upgrades
should use Fedora.

Corporate users that want a long and stable environment should use
RHEL. If they do not want to pay for the support or the licenses,
RedHat has released the full source code for their enterprise product.
This is were CaOS/Tao/Fermi/WBEL... come in.

SuSE/Novell does not release their enterprise servers under the GPL
licence, RedHat does. There are already betas available for RHEL 4.

--
Thanks
syv at 911networks.com
When the network has to work