[Centos] bind and 3.4

Lance Davis lance at uklinux.net
Wed Jan 12 17:19:03 UTC 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> Think about it ... you install caching-nameserver BECAUSE you want a name
> server but don't want to setup zones.  If you do setup zones, you have to
> remove caching-nameserver.  The only way that they can ensure you have
> what you asked for (a caching-nameserver) is to backup your old files and
> use new ones...if they don't, then you don't have a caching-nameserver.

I agree totally - but disagree that an 'upgrade' should trash files that
you have edited, and remove your configuration just because you have
something installed that you shouldnt.

If you choose to install it that is a separate matter.

Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.