[Centos] clamav-milter verification on Centos 3.3

Michiel van Es michiele at info.nl
Wed Jan 19 08:28:43 UTC 2005

Joe Polk wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm running clamav-milter, clamd, and sendmail on CentOS 3.3 (RHEL3). I'm
> trying to verify that my milter works. I've sent test emails from
> testvirus.org but they don't appear to be getting flagged. I don't see
> anything in the logs to indicate they were. Is there a sure-fire way to know?
> Also, how should the clamd work? Does it watch the filesystem? Or will it only
> work on a scan?
>
> --
> <<JAV>>

This has NOTHING to do with CentOS.
Nevertheless..check the rpms at Dag Wieers repository and install those.
You have to change sendmail.mc to use the clamav-milter .
Clamav-milter will then use the Clamd to process all incoming and
outgoing emails.
Clamd is a daemon..listening for incoming streams to process..
A howto fo sendmail and clamav-milter can be found on the Clamav website

Michiel