[Centos] RHEL question

Matt Shields mattboston at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 03:45:59 UTC 2005

Actually, you can have unauthorized servers.

1. install RHEL via CD
2. turn off rhnsd service on new server
3. setup a server to download/install/upgrade all available packages
4. make /var/spool/up2date directory available on your network

NOTE: this is not legal according to RedHat's license, you are
required to pay for a license for each computer.  But this is a good
way to build your own satellite server to conserve on bandwidth

--
Matt Shields
http://masnetworks.biz

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:45:09 -0600, Johnny Hughes