[Centos] CentOS Release Lifeline

Fred Whipple

fwhipple at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 04:24:14 UTC 2005

Hi all,

The usual apologies if this has been answered; I didn't see the answer
anywhere on the site or googleing the archives...

Since CentOS is a RHEL rebuild (and this is brilliant!), does that
imply that CentOS will continue to provide security patches and bug
fixes so long as Red Hat continues to release them for a given version
of RHEL?  That's to say that Red Hat commits to 5 years of updates for
any given version of RHEL.  Will CentOS benefit for those same 5
years?

I ask because Scientific Linux commits (or, plans) to support 3 years
after a release.

Thanks in advance!

    -Fred