[Centos] Upgrading from 3.4 to 4.0 beta X

Michael Taylor

mtaylor at emeraldcave.net
Sat Jan 22 07:58:37 UTC 2005

Please forgive me if I missed something, but I've searched all over in
hopes of finding something documented on a procedure to upgrade a Centos
3.4 system to the beta.  I've got the DVD burned and am testing the
process on VMWare.  All I could figure out how to do was install over
the existing partition without formatting, but this was quasi-disastrous
so I 'reverted' my VMWare drive to the prior state.  Is there some way
to reconfigure yum.conf, GPG keys, etc. so that it will pull down the
changes?  Or, is there a way to 'upgrade' the system using the CD as a
source?  Any help would be appreciated.  I was hoping it was as simple
as the upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4, but I couldn't find anything out there.

Thanks,

Mike