[Centos] RAID card recommendation

Daniel Wright dw at wonderwave.net
Wed Jan 26 06:16:26 UTC 2005

I have been looking at the Dell Poweredge sc420 for some time.  It has a
built in sata controller that supports raid 1,2.  Dell also says that
this system supports RHEL ES3.0
Anyone have any luck running raid on this server out of the box?  Anyone
have any other option advise for a system in the same price range that
would be a better solution than this.
The server would be used as a file server for a business with about 5
users.  Starting price for the server is, $299 and comes to $430 w/tax
and the options I am looking at.
Details can be found here.
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=04&kc=6W300&l=en&oc=sc420sapp&s=bsd

Dan