[Centos] modprobe and modules not found

Robert Hanson

rhh at wtfo.com
Mon Jan 31 19:10:37 UTC 2005

Greetings,

test server:

1.8 MHz Intel P4

D865PERL Intel MB w/ built in 10/100 NIC, sound etc.

I’ve loaded CentOS 3.3 – yum upgraded to 3.4

I am used to “much older” Linux kernel/distributions i.e. like 1.2.13 and
early 2.x stuff.

I humbly ask why these modules are not found in the distribution.

Please point me to where I get them and associated instructions please.

I am sure I am looking in the wrong place(s).

Can't locate these modules:

   sound-service-1-0: 2 Time(s)

   sound-service-0-0: 1 Time(s)

   sound-slot-1: 2 Time(s)

   char-major-188: 1 Time(s)

Thanks in advance and apologies for bringing such an annoyingly simple
problem to the list.

            - rh