[CentOS] Non-CentOS related arguments off-list please

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Jul 2 20:00:51 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-07-02 at 15:22 -0400, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > And discussing them would be more on-topic if there were a CentOS/SPARC64,
> > which would be nice to no end.
>
> It's funny where we've gone since Bruno's post, and the couple of back'n
> forths after that before I (let alone yourself) entered.

Yes, and it would be nice if we can keep the off-topic stuff off the list.

Even though it contains a lot of information someone might find useful,
most of the people on the list consider it noise and it brings down the
signal-to-noise ratio of the list.

It happened now 3 or 4 times that we got an overly long off-topic
discussion (flamewar even) which most of the subscribers are really not
interested in. (I hope I can speak for most here anyway)

Keep it CentOS related please, as soon as you have a non-CentOS related
argument or monologue, keep it off-list.

PS This is a general statement, not targetting Bryan specifically here.

Thanks,