[CentOS] Correlation with LNAELV ....

Sun Jul 3 18:25:46 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 11:38 -0500, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> .... I am new to this list (got referred here from the fedora list, COLD
> ....) and have a few questions. I poked around CentOS.org & couldn't
> figure these out, so here goes:

<snip>

> 2. Does CentOS plan to branch permanently away from LNAELV distribution,
> or periodically re-sync ?

Oh ... so we are totally synced (pretty much the maximum allowed by
trademark law) ... and we remain that way (at least in the base and
updates repos) all the time.

If you compare the centos-announce list:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/

with the RHEL-4 errata list:

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/rhel4as-errata.html

You will see that security updates are done, usually within 24 hours, of
any security release upstream.

When the Quarterly updates are done (now 2-4 times a year), we release
the Security updates (RHSAs) immediately ... the Re-spinning of the ISOs
usually takes 1-2 weeks to totally test out and release.