[CentOS] Re: Hot swap CPU -- any chance this thread will end?

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Tue Jul 5 01:16:02 UTC 2005

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 08:16 +0800, Feizhou wrote:
>
>>Heh. This 'slowlaris' ...
>

> Please stop.
>
> I'm caught between either taking the time to correct bigots like
> yourself, and not bothering the list with even responding to this non-
> sense.

Perhaps you can show me how to make Solaris 8 find run as fast as the
GNU find or explain the very large difference in performance of these?

I used to have a qmail queue on a Solaris 8 box. qmail-qstat, which is
basically a script that calls find and then pipes the output to awk,
took ages to run whenever the queue is stuff by crap. Installing GNU
find and changing the script to use that made it possible to finally get
the number of mails in the queue.

Before I was informed of the speed difference between using the dumb
Solaris provided find and the GNU find, my impression of a Sun box +
Solaris 8 was: 'this sucks, it is SO VERY SLOW'.