[CentOS] CentOS on IBM 7043-150, liblaus missing

Pasi Pirhonen upi at iki.fi
Thu Jul 7 04:51:27 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 02:13:07PM -0400, Richard Bejtlich wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I've only found one problem with CentOS so far -- liblaus is missing,
> so I can't use passwd to change passwords.
>
> [root at murray ~]# passwd richard
> passwd: error while loading shared libraries: liblaus.so.1: cannot open
>
> Have you encountered this issue?  Any ideas on how to fix it?

I thought this was mentioned before, so it would be in acrhives, but
maybe not. It's due to the fact that my build was initially running on
pmac and it was installation of some ancient YDL version. While i could
not get anything to boot on rs6k either, i did put the SCSI-disk on
pmac and dumped the working installation on it. Booted the kernel from
net and fixed the yaboot and then i have selfhosting rs6k. That was
time when i was building the CentOS-3 level RPMS on it. Later i did
build it to be mostly FC2 level and there to CentOS-4. That leaved the
liblaus in the system, so the build process picked up the dependancy
for it even it should not.

http://centos.upi.iki.fi/pub/centos/4/updates/ppc/RPMS/passwd-0.68-10.ppc.rpm

is the 'fixed version', so it should be --force installed over the one
in the installation media.

I didn't realize this myself before i did a clean install from the
generated media myself either .....

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/