[CentOS] 2.6.9-5.0.3 src rpm

Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> thebs413 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 8 22:10:27 UTC 2005

From: Jesse <j at lumiere.net>
> I need to make a new driver disk, so I need to install the src.rpm
> for the initial centos4 install kernel, kernel-2.6.9-5.0.3.EL.

Actually, if the driver will build against a binary kernel that is installed
(which is typically the case with today's binary kernels that include the
header and other config files in the run-time), all you need is the
"-BOOT" kernel binary installed on your system.

>From there, you should be able to build your driver against it.

> However upon browsing around the mirrors, in the 4.0 directories, I find
> only 2.6.9-11.EL kernels and source? What's going on here -- am I looking
> in the wrong place?

Hmmm, yeah, I guess I don't see a SRPMS directory anywhere.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org