[CentOS] Disk Druid - control RAID partition layout?

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 00:01:52 UTC 2005

On 7/11/05, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to partition a disk with Disk Druid and control the order
> of the partitions?  I want to create my own boot and swap as RAID
> partitions but Disk Druid won't keep them in the order I want, no
> matter what I specify first. I've done this before by using fdisk
> to make the partitions before starting Disk Druid but I thought
> someone said this was an old bug and should have been fixed.

I don't know the answer to your question - but I know a question you
might want to ask yourself - why am I doing this?

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO-2.html

Two choice quotes:

1. There's no reason to use RAID for swap performance reasons.

2. There has been a lot of discussion about whether swap was stable on
RAID devices. This is a continuing debate, because it depends highly
on other aspects of the kernel as well.

Regards,
Greg