[CentOS] Open Office 1.9.x

Mark Jarvis

mark.jarvis at pvmail.maricopa.edu
Wed Jul 13 05:36:11 UTC 2005

Having used Open Office 1.9.x on the XP side of my box, I decided to
install it on the CentOS side. (The default OO was 1.1.2, for heaven's
sake!) I downloaded the Linux 386 version from the OO site.

I immediately ran into problems--
	1) The installation instructions were for OO 1.x.
	2) The download appears to be source RPMs.

Although I've used UNIX & Linux for over 15 years, there are still some
empty spots in my toolbox--and dealing with RPMs in one of them. (YUM is
SO much nicer!)

Has anyone added OO1.9.113 to CentOS?

Where can I find info on what I need to do to get OO1.9.x added to my
CentOS installation?

Any help will be much appreciated!

-mj-