[CentOS] frozen centos 3 server

Mike Kercher mike at CamaroSS.net
Sat Jul 16 01:12:04 UTC 2005

Is there anything common between your two servers?  Let's look at your
hardware comparisons.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Matt Hyclak
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 8:08 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] frozen centos 3 server

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 11:25:56AM +1200, Tom enlightened us:
> It doesn't appear to be changing runlevels (how would it by itself?),
> nothing at all in the logs from when it stops working to when it
> reboots (after pushing the button).

I've been running into this on one of my RHEL3 servers. Pre-existing
processes continue to run, but everything else (including logging) just
stops. Rebooting from the power switch is the best I can do in that
situation.

If anyone has suggestions where to start trying to debug, I'd be happy to
listen.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak