[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4 post installation of all packages

dan1 dan1 at edenpics.com
Sat Jul 16 10:46:34 UTC 2005

Hello.

I come back regarding my problem of the 'install everything' yum install
command to upgrade from a 'server' install to a 'everything' install of
CentOS 4, for the follow-up.

My DC technician told me to do the following:

yum grouplist

and then

yum groupinstall group_choosen

This seems quite a good thing.
However, it lacks a 'distro_everything' group that would allow us to instal
directly all packages of the distro. We must type each group manually and
it's a pain. That would be a must. Maybe it is something to add to the yum
functionnality ? Or else to make several top level groups that contain
almost everything ?

Regards,
Daniel