[CentOS] which rpm has libnss_files.a

Sun Jul 17 09:44:44 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 22:47 -0700, dan wrote:
> Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
> > I need the file libnss_files.a for x86_64 Centos-3
> > Which rpm has this file.
> >

> Robin -
>
> Per http://rpm.pbone.net, this library is part of the mozilla-nss package.
>
> Feel free to keep that link around so that you can look this informaiton
> up for yourself in the future.
>
> Thanks
> -dant

Actually, I can't find libnss_files.a on any of my CentOS-4 installs.
There are libnss_files.so files that belong to glibc and glibc-devel ...
but no libnss_files.a files that get installed.

I also checked the glibc build directory and the glibc build log, I do
not see that file anywhere.

mozilla-nss provides libnss3.so but not libnss_files.so (or
libnss_files.a).

Same story for CentOS-3 ... there is no libnss_files.a that is
installed.

There might be a temporarily generated libnss_files.a that gets
generated while building glibc in the build directories, if it is there
it is not called out by name (at least not in the CentOS-4 build logs).