[CentOS] FreeRADIUS

Scott Sharkey ssharkey at linuxunlimited.com
Tue Jul 19 15:35:58 UTC 2005

Joseph T Mai wrote:
> Greetings list,
>
> I'm haveing problem with FreeRADIUS v1.0.1-3 which came with CentOS 4.1
> FreeRADIUS refuses to use system accounts for authentication.
>
> The latest freeradius-1.0.4 is working correctly.

I'm having a similar, but different problem.

I have two servers, one running RH9 with FR 0.9.1 and another with
CentOS-3.5, running freeradius 1.0.1.  Both are using a MySQL database
on a third server for authentication.  The RH9 one is working just fine,
but the CentOS version gives "passwords don't match" on everything.
I've traced and looked at the queries, etc, and I'm convinced it's
getting back the proper fields, but somehow is deciding they don't
match.  They are MD5-encrypted passwords, I believe.

Any ideas?  The MySQL is 3.23, and the CentOS has both the mysqlclient10
and MySQL 4.1 client libs, but I'm not sure if that's significant since
the CentOS machine definitely can connect to the MySQL DB, and I thought
the major changes in client libs might affect that.

Thanks.

-Scott