[CentOS] Install Problems Centos 4.1

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Thu Jul 21 21:19:27 UTC 2005

The reason why it was irritating was because the SiS965 Athlon 64
chipset was not supported in the 4.1 kernel, which resulted in a
miserably slow install which eventually ground to a halt because the
load average got too high as the system was stacked behind with its disk
writes....

That is irritating, the rebuild should be on first boot.....

P.