[CentOS] Re: New to CentOS, and wondering about application availability

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Wed Jul 27 16:06:40 UTC 2005

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

>Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm the "he" in question, and for me there was no
>>

>"sticking"
>

>>with FC3.  I only made the commitment to move from Windows
>>to Linux a few weeks ago,
>>

>And I can appreciate that.  That's why I tried to explain
>this.  I had _0_ issue with explaining this.  In fact, I
>blame Red Hat for the issue of not using revisions anymore --
>something that causes many innocent people to assume that a
>FC4 package will build on RHEL4 (and CentOS 4).
>
>My problem here is that someone else keeps jumping all over
>me anytime I try to explain something.  I guess I shouldn't
>be on this list then?  I thought the explaination was
>pertinent, given your post.  And based on this follow-up, I
>believe I was indeed correct in that assertion.

The particular paragraph you chose to answer completely changes the
context of the answer Bryan.

That paragraph was about Dave USING FC4 the distro and you went in there
and said 'stick with FC3'. Anybody will draw the conclusion then that
you mean use FC3 the distro especially with your next line about FC4
adoption.

and you say this in spite of the fact that Dave has already said he is
using Centos 4. What kind of response do you think you are going to get
even if that was not your intention?