[CentOS] Re: New to CentOS, and wondering about application availability

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 27 19:32:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 10:49 -0700, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov> wrote:
> > Well, Red Hat and many Fedora users would argue with that
> > characterization (the real serious bleeding is done in
> > development/rawhide and test releases), but FC4 certainly
> > seems to be causing more than the usual amount of blood-
> > loss for a FC final release.
>
> I really didn't even assert that first part, I tried to be
> brief.

And here I thought I was replying to Dave Gutteridge. :-P
In fact, I was replying to Dave.

> I just merely stated that, just like FC2, I was
> Why I got bounced on, I don't know.

Don't know either, but please don't implicitly accuse me of bouncing on
you when my message was a direct response to the OP.  A thicker skin and
a longer fuse might be good things for such a prolific poster to
develop.

> I'm really sorry
> for being verbose at times, and I'm trying to curb that.

Can sympathize with the need to fight verbosity.

> It's a difficult balance to obtain, and I apologize for
> what may appear to be someone who "likes to hear himself
> talk."  But in all honesty, that's not my intent.  I'm
> really for discussions to find the root cause, proliferate
> understanding and many other things so people don't run
> into them again.

You definitely provide a lot of information, but apparently often more
than people want to see.  That's what filters are for. :-)

Cheers,
Phil