[CentOS] Tyan Thunder K8SE S2892 Report

William A. Mahaffey III wam at HiWAAY.net
Thu Jul 28 23:23:31 UTC 2005

Kirk Bocek wrote:

>William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>

>>Monarch lists 3 1U all-copper-no-fan heat sinks that I bet would work.
>>Please note the speculative nature of that recommendation !!!! I have
>>been aiming for an Opteron based system for a while now, that's why I
>>joined this list :-).
>>

>I didn't find anything on NewEgg. I'll see what Monarch has. AMD's stock
>fan and heat sink is about 50mm high. If I can get it down to about 25mm
>I should be good to go.
>
>Does anyone have any notes on heat sink-only cooling. I'm sure it
>depends on airflow in the case (which is good in my case) but I'd like
>to hear any experiences.

Roger that, extremely important observation. Monarch lists 1U heat sinks
with fins aligned both ways, for about the same price. Pick the one with
fins aligned with your case fans & you would probably be well off.
*Speculation again* :-).

--
	William A. Mahaffey III
	Remember, ignorance is bliss, but