[CentOS] Mail problem

Alexandru E. Ungur alexandru at globalterrasoft.ro
Fri Jul 29 12:02:50 UTC 2005

>>> sender: "Marius Nicolaescu" date: "Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 08:45:15AM +0300" <<<EOQ
> I have a problem finding the log from centos. I have installed qmail and i receive
> a lot of infected mails and i can't stop them because i don't know the ip from where
> they came. I know that in log files it is kept that ip but i havent't find it. In
> /var/log/ maillog it is a list but it does not have the ip of the mails. Can anyone help me?
No offence, but you look like you can't find qmail's logfiles, not centos'
try /var/log/qmail/* or /service/qmail-*/log/main/

Just for the record, there IS a qmail mailling list, and its quite active too.

> Another problem I have with Auto-responder from mail, it's not working at all and
> i d'ont know why.
A little details could help...  like what autoresponder software do you use? How did
you install qmail exactly? LWQ? QMR? Qmail-toaster ? How did you install the autoresponder?
How did you test it? etc. etc. etc. ...

Alex