[CentOS] filesystem corruption: resize inode not valid

dan1

dan1 at edenpics.com
Fri Jul 29 21:46:24 UTC 2005

Hello.

I am having a problem with one CentOS 4 box I have installed. It worked
perfectly for several days, was used as a gateway on my LAN.
After having reached the limit of the disk size by copying stuff from a
windows box to a samba shared drive on the centOS box, and after making a
reboot, the server didn't come up anymore.
Looking at it I was thrown to the repair console and when doing an 'e2fsck
/dev/md1' there was the following message:
"resize inode not valid".
>From there on, I can answer to the repair questions, but after finishing the
filesystem repair, and redoing a filesystem check (after reboot or not) the
same error message comes up.
I cannot go out of it and the ext3 filesystem (in software raid 1) seems
completely mixed up.

Did somebody else have this problem already ? I had a look around the
internet and I have seen several people having had this problem these last
months.
I was using the e2fsck verison 1.35 (current version of CentOS).

Thanks for any help one could provide.

Daniel