[CentOS] Re: Use NTFS Partition. -- understanding NTFS, NT-SAM, LDM, etc...

Mark Jarvis mark.jarvis at pvmail.maricopa.edu
Wed Jun 1 07:59:31 UTC 2005

 > I _never_ dual-boot NT/Linux where any FAT32/NTFS volume
 > crosses 33.GB (32GiB)

HUH? FAT32 problem??? My system has two 120GB disks and a 160 GB disk.
The 120s have a 1GB DOS, a 24+GB NTFS, and a 84+GB FAT32 partition. I
keep (almost) all of my data in the FAT32 partition. The first 120 is
(fairly) regularly cloned onto the second. Since I upgraded my BIOS, I
have never had any trouble accessing anything in either of the big FAT32
partitions from either the XP installation or any one of the various
Linux installations (CentOS, WBEL, SUSE, Fedora core 3, or Yoper) on the
160GB disk.

At various times I have installed the NTFS code in a Linux installation,
but when the NTFS crew's website says "read, but don't write" I believed
them.

-mj-