[CentOS] Vote For CentOS :)

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Jun 3 02:55:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 21:29 -0500, Paul wrote:
> Ummm after SuSE was purchased by Novell YaST was released under the GPL.

I think that's why he used the word "was" [Confirm?]

> Also IIRC you can download ISOs of SuSE Linux since the real product now
> is SLES, NLD and OES ... SuSE Linux is more like Fedora now.

As so it would seem.  If Novell is opening up "SuSE(R) Linux" then I
have to assume they are going to do something about the "SuSE(R) Linux
Enterprise Server" product since it shares the same trademark.

As many have heard me say before, it's funny to see Red Hat and SuSE go
back and forth, covering the same tech-legal-source issues, one after
another, learning from each other.

One difference was that SuSE never opened up the Trademark.  In Germany,
it would have been deadly.

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->