[CentOS] Re: Reboots -- LSB 2.1 Core Generic Section 8.5

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Jun 3 07:13:30 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 03:52 -0300, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> Thats another misunderstanding. Conectiva was never RedHat based,
> unless you consider any distribution that uses RPM to be RedHat
> based.
> Conectiva (1 N only), the company, once released a Conectiva RedHat
> Linux, which was the RedHat Linux translated and localized to pt_BR.
> Since Conectiva Linux 1, it was a completely separated distribution.
> Actually, Conectiva has always been more closely related to
> Mandrake and Debian than to RedHat.

Mandrake was based on Red Hat originally.  Dude, please stop.  I'm just
trying to show why the run-levels are the same as Red Hat, because of
the lineage.  Nothing more.

God I'm sorry I even pointed out some of this stuff.  I'm sorry I
crossed you.  You are completely right and I am completely wrong.  Just
please stop, my head is hurting from this.

It doesn't matter what I say, how I say it, in what context I say it, it
will be ignored and assumed to be something else.

> Which are two completely different beasts.

The point is that every BSD or AT&T flavor I've seen has at least one,
if not both.  From there, I can start tracing how the system boots,
etc...  Systems vary wildly, so only by tracing the full boot can you be
sure.

If you want to get mega-anal, the init actually depends on what the
kernel calls.  But typically it's the init program (which typically
uses /etc/inittab) or maybe an rc script (typically /etc/rc).

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->