[CentOS] multimedia kernel

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.GOV
Fri Jun 3 14:46:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 16:59 -0400, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
> Is anyone using any type of multimedia patched kernels such as the one
> available at planet CCRMA.

No, but am using FC3 kernels for hardware not supported by CentOS/EL 4.

> Or does anyone know where I can dl multimedia patched kernel rpm for
> centos.

No, but you can install apt (if not already present - I got the one from
Dag) and fetch the PlanetCCRMA FC 2 kernel (They don't seem to have FC 3
sources available) with the following...

# yum install apt

Create /etc/apt/sources.list.d/planetccrma.list:
# Name: Planet CCRMA Repository

# Planet CCRMA RPM Repository for Fedora Core 2
rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 core updates
rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 planetccrma
rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 planetcore
rpm-src http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 core updates
rpm-src http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 planetccrma
rpm-src http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 planetcore

# apt-get update
# apt-get source kernel
# cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
# rpmbuild -bb --target=i686 kernel.spec

Then (assuming success) install the resulting RPM.

Phil